We're working hard to build an incredibly reliable UX research platform. Here's what's new from us:
Completely rebuilt Chrome Extension (v2.0)
The Participate Chrome Extension that you and your users can use to conduct sessions has been rebuilt from the ground up.
Here's what's new in it:
- Tons of stability improvements and bug fixes.
- Participate no longer minimizes other browser windows when starting a session, for improved usability
- Accidentally closing the Participate window will no longer end a session, you are now prompted to confirm first
- Similarly, clicking "End" button now prompts you for a confirmation first
- Participate will now put itself on top of other windows when a moderator is calling, or in case there's a connectivity error
- Fixed a bug that would cause the extension to use 100% CPU for a very long time
- Self-Test: Participants are now more clearly instructed to finish any uploads before turning off their computer or uninstalling the extension
- Self-Test: Re-added the ability for participants to delete their recording instead of uploading, for better privacy
- Polished look and feel with larger icons and buttons, plus easier flows
While we're at it, here are some other recent improvements to the platform you may be interested in:
- Exported recordings now get the same name as the recording itself — no more render.m4v 👏
- We now offer Single Sign On (SSO — SAML 2.0) if you're on the Enterprise plan.
- You can now change the email to which you receive monthly or annual payment receipts, by going to the Billing settings.
- If you're on the Enterprise plan, you can now change a setting to make all your new projects default to "Private" visibility instead of "Visible by everyone in my organization".
- If you haven't heard about Licenses yet... For everyone on the Starter and Pro plan, you can now more easily manage how much you spend with Lookback and how many people can sign up. You do this by buying individual collaborator licenses. Learn more.
For a detailed list of all changes, head over to the What's new page.
That's it for now. Happy Researching! 🤓☝️